|For Immediate Release:|
December 11, 2007
Amber Moore, (703) 276-2772, ext. 17
Robin Scullin, (202) 222-2345
Honor Local Innovators in Education with
National Cable's Leaders in Learning Awards
One Month Left to Apply! Application Deadline is Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Washington, DC - The deadline for submitting applications for Cable's Leaders in Learning Awards is rapidly approaching especially with the busy holiday season. The national awards recognize outstanding educators, administrators, and other community leaders at the forefront of innovation in education. Individuals who implement creative learning programs in their communities, helping to push education progress to new heights are encouraged to apply.
Applications are being accepted online for individuals who are using new ideas to educate and new technology to better prepare students for the future. The application period closes Wednesday, January 16, 2008, at 12 noon PT.
Cable's Leaders in Learning Awards recognize a broad array of innovators, including:
In addition to national and local recognition, winners receive:
- Highly inventive classroom educators, administrators, and community leaders, who are transforming education from kindergarten through high school.
- Those who have had a major impact on educating youth both in and out of the classroom.
- Those who have adopted innovative learning practices that have transformed an aspect of education on a large or small scale.
Cable’s Leaders in Learning Awards, administered by Cable in the Classroom, recognize innovative programs in five categories: General Excellence, Cable Partnerships for Learning, Pushing the Envelope, Policymaker Excellence and Media Literacy Education. For more information on the awards and categories, and to apply online, please visit: www.LeadersinLearningAwards.org.
- A $3,000 cash prize.
- An all-expense-paid trip to Washington, DC in June, 2008.
- While in Washington, award recipients will visit with members of Congress to talk about their award-winning programs.
- Winners will attend a spectacular Gala event with policymakers, government officials, leaders of the national education community, cable industry executives, and other VIPS.
Cable in the Classroom (CIC), the cable industry’s education foundation, works to expand and enhance learning opportunities for children and youth. Created in 1989 to help schools take advantage of educational cable programming and technology, CIC has become a leading national advocate for media literacy education and for the use of technology and media for learning, as well as a valuable resource for educational cable content and services for policymakers, educators and industry leaders. For more information about Cable in the Classroom, please visit: www.ciconline.org.